Southeast Christian Church’s E-Town campus is looking for a Women's Ministry Leader who will captivate the hearts of women to connect to Jesus and one another! The ideal candidate will be a passionate Christ-follower, strongly grounded in the Word of God, who has a heart for women. This experienced, visionary ministry leader, in collaboration with the other campus leaders, would seek to train, equip, and empower women to develop and deepen their relationship with Jesus through Bible study, discipleship, service and prayer. The end result would be fully committed followers of Jesus Christ challenging and growing other women to reach their full potential, who then in turn challenge others.
THIS IS US:
We’re a growing, multi-site, Bible-based community in the greater Louisville area with a passion for connecting people to Jesus & one another. We value:
- Connection over production (John 15:5).
- Risk & adventure over safety & comfort (John 3:8).
- Innovation over tradition (Luke 5:19).
- Personal engagement over attendance (Luke 9:62).
- Expressive worship over religious rituals (Luke 7:38).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- A demonstrated effective communicator, this leader must have the gift of teaching
- Team player, highly collaborative
- Highly relational and engaging, she must be a visionary and strategic thinker, while shepherding the Women’s Ministry well
- Must understand how to lead a team to achieve mission, able to manage and resolve conflict in a Biblical way. Must be a team player with a heart to serve
SOME THINGS YOU WOULD DO:
- Collaboratively cast clear vision and strategy for Women's Ministry and volunteer teams for E'town Campus
- Create a culture of disciple-making by intentionally investing in key lay leaders
- Planning and leading Women's Ministry studies, groups and events
- Responsible for budgetary oversight of campus Women's Ministry & First Impressions at E'town Campus
- Establish the tone and provide leadership/training for volunteer teams
- Provide pastoral care for Women's Ministry and First Impressions volunteers
- Organize volunteers to implement an assimilation strategy as it pertains to visitors, seekers attendees
OUR MUST HAVES:
- Engaged member of Southeast Christian Church (or willing to become one); supports our Statement of Faith and submits to the leadership established by the church; lives out our church Mantra in tangible ways. https://www.southeastchristian.org/sermons/mantra/be-the-branch-2
- Proven ability to motivate, teach, organize, lead and love women and volunteers
if you understand how to lead and equip others to replicate themselves in others, and desire to be developed and grow; if our mission of ‘Connecting People (Women) to Jesus and One Another’ sounds like a mission to fight for, please consider if God is calling you to this opportunity.
Be the Branch - “I am the vine, you are the branches. Apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15
We will humbly and passionately stay connected to Jesus. Without him we can do nothing.
Grip the Plow - Jesus said, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God.” —Luke 9:62, NIV
We will stay focused and work hard keeping both hands on the plow.
Wreck the Roof - “One day Jesus was teaching, and Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there. They had come from every village of Galilee and from Judea and Jerusalem. And the power of the Lord was with Jesus to heal the sick. Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus...” Luke 5:17-39
We will be innovative, doing whatever it takes to bring One Person to Jesus.
Empty the Jar – (Jesus anointed by a sinful woman) When one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, he went to the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table…
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” Luke 7:44 – 47 NIV
We will be informal, expressive and extravagant in our worship and gatherings.
Catch the Wind - The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. John 3:8 NIV
***Nothing in this job description restricts church’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.